Jim Chill
Jim Chill, Technician
Experience:  15 years Ford dealership experiance 25 years all makes and models

About the amc camshaft; It was done..I think its still under warrenty

About the AMC camshaft; It was done by a so called pro engine shop. They have been very disapointing. I think it's still under warrenty so I've still got a shot. Do you mean the entire shaft will have to be replaced? Can you tell me which brand would be the best to go with?
Category: Car
Expert:  Jim Chill replied 6 years ago.
I would definately say this should be under warrenty. The camshaft is one piece and itwould have to be tore down, What needs to be removed to access the cam. intake manifild, valve covers, rocker arms, push rods, lifters, timing chain and gears, water pump. It can be done in the car usually as long as there is enough room to remove the cam from the front of the engine, so the radiator and a/c condenser if equipped would also have to be reomoved. As for choosing a cam company, sealed power makes quality parts, but if you are looking for a hi performance cam I perfer comp cams. Let me know if you have any other questions. Jim