Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  Ase Master 20+ Years Experience Foreign and Domestic

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora: The security light keeps flashing..electrical

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora that will not start..it will not say anything. The security light keeps flashing so I had the electrical switch and the ignition cylinder changed..it still will not say anything. All lights and everything come on but the car will not say a sound..any suggestions
Category: Car
Expert:  Paul M ASE Master replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer

is the security light still on?

did you perform the relearn procedure on the new passlock cylinder?

Paul

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes the light is still on and we have did all the relearn procedure we know and this car still will not say a word.

I am attaching a copy of the relearn procedure.. it can take up to 3 10 minutes attempts

let me know if you have done this full procedure?

---------------------

Vehicle Application:
2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue 3.5L
Customer Concern:Installed a new lock cylinder and lock cylinder housing. Needs to perform a theft system relearn procedure.
Tests/Procedures:Doing Passlock theft system relearn:

1. Verify that the battery is fully charged.

2. Use the scan tool to clear any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)s.

3. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the CRANK position, allowing the engine to start/stall.

4. Release the key, leave the ignition in the ON position for a minimum of 10 minutes. Do not continue until at least 10 minutes has passed or the relearn will abort. Going over 10 minutes is OK.

5. After the 10 minute cycle, turn the key off for 15 seconds.

6. Repeat Steps 3-5 two more times (3 times total).

7. After the 3rd cycle, the theft system should synchronize to the new Passlock sensor. It should start and run normally.
Potential Causes:Vehicle Theft Deterrent (VTD) System
Tech Tips:NOTE: In some cases, the vehicle may start and run before the 3rd relearn cycle. This means that the relearn has finished early, the vehicle should start and run normally from this point.

let me know if you tried this procedure 3 times?

Paul

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we have did this way more than 3 times and nothing is happening..if the system do not relearn then what do you do?

Have you scanned for codes in the Body Computer?

if you have a fault code I can send you the appropriate test procedure

Paul

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know they scanned the car and the only thing that came up was ignition switch. I do not know if this included codes in the Body computer but I will find out and let you know.

yes let me know I have some further test procedures if you can give me any codes

Paul