George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
13574682

2004 chevy tahoe: stick..my oil..my gauge panel is my gas gauge

well i have a 2004 chvy tahoe and my speedometer is not working at all..it will stick on some numbers and it is never consistent..my rpm gauge is stuck on 6000 my oil gauge is off the charts..about the only thing that works in my gauge panel is my gas gauge..I went to a shop and they told me it was gonna cost 500 for the whole unit, plus to put it in..I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem was for sure so maybe i could fix it myself? any advise is greatly appreciated..thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

They were half right, the cluster needs to be replaced but you can have it done at the dealer for about $350 or you can pull the cluster and ship it to one of several people on ebay who will repair or replace it and ship it back to you for about half that.

The replacement cluster needs to be programmed so the dealer or the ebay shop will do that.

If you have less than 70,000 miles you have a warranty extension that will cover all or some of the cost

Here is a copy of the TSB for warranty

Let me know what I can do to help you with this

Thank you