danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.

Where can iget a steering knob assistor for a freelander 2004

where can iget a steering knob assistor for a freelander 2004
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Daniel.Not sure,overtons no good, but ebay looks promising waiting for an answer from them,will let you know. many thanks Brian.
Ok Let me know. I might have a couple more tricks up my sleeve.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi got steering knob assistor from ebay site still to small.

Have you any more ideas where to get one got to be 35mm to 40mm in dia to fit

over steering wheel on the freelander.

Thanks Brian,.

How small and is the steering wheel padded?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, The steering wheel is like imitation leather some padding,it is approx 35mm across as you look at it and 40mm deep so if you girth it it is about 95mm how more can i explain a standard LR Freelander s/wheel. thanks Brian.
Ok what I was thinking is if you get some electrical tape if you wrapped it tight would it be small enough to work.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi, Sorry its the steering assistor knob clamp that is not big enough to go round the

steering wheel , the diameter of clamp is to small .

thanks Brian,.

Right i was thinking the electrical tape would hold the cushion down enough to make the diameter small enough fo rthe clamp. Shrinking the diameter of the steering wheel
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for all your help and ideas but to get steering knob with a 25mm diameter to fit a steering wheel approx 35+mm is impossible, what i need is a s/knob with a clamp of at least 35mm in diameter if you think this is not acheivable, because i have my doubts , we need to call it a day and give up, yours Brian.

This looks good as they help the handy cap with disablity equipt.,13893,13906