cartech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 year as shop owner and ase master tech also certified body tech

2003 Chevy: V6..oil, temp, speedo (except for the mileage), tach

Hello - need someone that has electical experience - 2003 Chevy Silverado, V6, Extended Cab?
Yesterday on the way home, I noticed that none of my dash components worked - oil, temp, speedo (except for the mileage), tach, volts... thought not too much about it - looked at the fuse diagram and planned on checking them today. When I went to start the thing this morning, it just went 'click,click,click.' What the ???
this may be simpler than you think sounds like your battery is dead you may have a alternator that has gone bad and as you drove it got low on voltage ands shut down the cluster and now there isn't enough voltage to start the truck
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello - your response helped somewhat, but what I ended up finding is that the starter relay was loose in the fuse block - resulting in a loss of starting power. What I cannot figure out is why the instruments went 'dead' too - unless it was a result of reduce battery power. It's fine now - now $$ out whatsoever..

Thanks for the info..

glade i helped would you be willing to click accept for the service you received