Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

2004 Mazda MPV: Mini Van..drivers side..going down..7/8 the way down

We own a 2004 Mazda MPV Mini Van. The drivers side power window will not open or close. It is stuck in the going down position about 7/8 the way down. My husband took the door apart and the motor is functioning fine by itself, the window mechanism works fine by itself. However, when you put the two together, it is binding in the same position. What could be causing this problem? Thank you for any help.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.

GreetingsCustomerand welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.

Have him check that the window itself is not causing the bind up issue. If it is not, then put a new regulator in. It would have to be the cause of the binding even if it is functioning properly without the window and motor attached.