MastertechRobert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech/Smog Tech 35 years exp.

lose light, any ideas i have it at the dealership

Customer Question

just recently i have had a new MAFS put on my intake as well as re-wiring to my batterie as some of them were no good anymore. about a week after that my car would must lose power all of a sudden and my steering wheel would go completely stiff and i could not turn it and this is while im driving to. some lights also cam on which were the batterie light,engine light,brake light, any ideas i have it at the dealership and they cant find out whats wrong.
Category: Car
Expert:  MastertechRobert replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to just answer. If you never had this problem before you replaced the MAF sensor Then you likely have got a bad one. Try this: gently tap on the maf sensor with a medium size screw driver HANDLE while the engine is runnig. If it stalls you have your answer. Bad MAF.Why did you replace the MAF in the first place? My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help. If the dealership could not find the problem, you will likely have to settle for a best guess. Intermittent problems are hard locate and difficult to confirm your repair after you fix something. Dealership do not like to experiment with different repair in fear of marrying this problem in case they are wrong. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you find this problem.Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX we do find this problem, please remember that I work on commission only.