Strait Auto Repair
Strait Auto Repair, Technician
Experience:  16+ years in the field, 2 years of vocational training and 2 1/2 years at Northwestern Auto/Diesel
31088935

1999 Saab: It has manual climate control..vents

Customer Question

I have a 9-3 1999 Saab. It has manual climate control. Presently, the left dial that opens and closes the vents is stuck. I broke a knob which i replaced. I tried moving the plastic parts on the bottom where the vent cable connects and there is no movement. I think that the heater box might have a stuck part though i am not sure. I have the vent stuck in the heat position and cannot use the A/C. What do you think is the problem and about what do you think it would cost to repair it. Also is it something that i might be able to do.
Category: Car
Expert:  Strait Auto Repair replied 6 years ago.
Did you replace the toilet paper roll/ driveshaft for the knob that goes down to the control cable you are talking about? Does the whole unit- knob and driveshaft turn but nothing happens beyond that?