Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

mazda 3: automatic wont engage..ecu

Hello, my mazda 3 2006 automatic transmission slipped off gear a couple of times on the highway, and now when I start the car I get the CEL and the AT lights and the car won't engage into gear. I checked the ATF level and it checked fine and is clear in color, I also reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery and still nothing.
Hi and welcome to
Disconnecting the battery will not help, if its a hard code it will keep popping back up till the problem is rectified ,
You will have to get the codes read to know what the problem is.once repaired
Then the codes will have to be cleared and retested with a test drive .
Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi, my main problem right now is that i can't even move the car anymore, is it that my transmission is blown? Or is it a protection feature that is preventing me from moving the car? I only have 45000 miles on it and only drive my car to and from work, could it be electronics like a sensor or a loose wire?

Could well be a protection ,
The only way to find out is have the diagnostic check over, could just be a valve body problem or the Governor solenoid, only way to find out is with the diagnostic check.
Kind regards Greg