DBranch
DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.
9901235

Sirius Radio..kit..Ive heard that there is an OEM module that

I just bought a 2008 LR2 and want to install a Sirius Radio car kit. I've heard that there is an OEM module that makes the installation quick and relatively simple. True? What is the module, and where could I get it? If not true, is this a job I shouldn't try to do myself
Category: Car
Expert:  DBranch replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

If your LR2 didnt have this from the factory then there is not module you can buy from Land Rover to install this. The LR2's that had this have different head units and wiring harnesses. I would install it using the kit that comes with the reciever. It is really up to you whether you want to install it yourself. If you have done some mechanical things on your car before or are inclined to do it. Its all about whether or not you feel comfortable. I may say it is easy since I work on cars for a living and someone else that has never worked on their car before may say it is hard. Hope this helps. Thanks