Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

1998 Kia Sportage: car runs fine..park..Start car buzzing goes away

I have a 1998 Kia Sportage, car runs fine. When you turn car off and park it, in about 15 minutes EGI main relay starts buzzing. Start car buzzing goes away, turn car off buzzing returns in about 15 minutes. Any ideas ? Larry [email protected]
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

It sounds like the relay is bad. However, if you have replaced it already, chances are its going to be a low voltage problem. When this happens, check for voltage going into the relay with in plugged in. You will have to back probe the wires to get a voltage reading.

Let me know what you find!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was told by my local mechanics to check all grounds, about 6 locations, ecm, fuse panels and so on, do you think this could be the problem maybe a bad ground somewhere?
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
YES... this is a possibily!

I would check both engine and computer grounds as well as the relay grounds.