Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe: my right front tire hits a bump..pulls

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe. Going over bumps, you can really feel it in the wheel. For example, if my right front tire hits a bump in the road, the wheel shoots (or pulls quicky) to the left. Also, the wheel shakes at high speeds. Replaced tires and no difference. Mechanic says front struts are leaking and are to blame. Does this sound correct? Could worn / leaking struts cause these symptoms?

GreetingsCustomerand welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.

I would also have them check the lower ball joints and wheel alignment. This is common of loose ball joints or possibly an alignment issue. Front struts can cause the car to be pretty bouncy,but normally won't cause that lose control feeling.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.