Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

2010 hyundai accent: radio..the factory installed recepticle covers

I have a 2010 hyundai accent hatchback with without a radio. I want to install one on my own. How do I remove the factory installed recepticle covers so I can put in a receiver?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.

Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.

The cover should just pop off and then you will gain access to the faceplate screws to remove it and install the radio,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is not a cover per se. It is has 2 "cubbies" do I just pry each one off?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Part #5 should pop off and give you the access you need. I believe if you pop that off, you should see screws holding the cubbies in. Hope that makes sense.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't have a part #5.Or face plate or cover. But i will try just popping the cubbies out. Usually are they held in from the sides?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
Yes, they are normally held from the sides, just be careful! I don't have a diagram with no radio, this one is from the Hyundai service manual to!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you-
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
You are very welcome!