Kiatech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained

I have an Infinity 2002 I35 my service engine soon light is

Customer Question

I have an Infinity 2002 I35 my service engine soon light is on my friend hooked up the diagnostic to it and the codes are transmission auxillary P1800 and emission P1456 but i cant find the code meaning.
Category: Car
Expert:  Kiatech replied 6 years ago.

Hi JACUSTOMER-h2doaue ,Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

The P1800 is for the VIAS control solenoid valve And the P1456 is a small evap leak.

(possibly gas cap) Click on link below for more info

Component Description
The VIAS control solenoid valve cuts the intake manifold vacuum signal for power valve control. It responds to ON/OFF signals from the ECM. When the solenoid is off, the vacuum signal from the intake manifold is cut. When the ECM sends an ON signal the coil pulls the plunger downward and feeds the vacuum signal to the power valve actuator.

If you are completely satisfied with my answer please click accept, or click reply if you need more info

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What is an ECM?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What is an ECM? Is the car safe to drive is it an emergency?
Expert:  Kiatech replied 6 years ago.

ECM - Electronic control module or Engine control module. And yes it is safe to drive.

Edited by Kiatech on 4/1/2010 at 10:11 AM EST