danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.

05 Ford: hole..left front..Saturday my AWD Malfunction light came

I drive an '05 Ford 500. last Thursday was driving in the city and hit a pot hole at about 20 to 25 mph with the left front tire. On Saturday my AWD Malfunction light came on while driving. Parked the car ran a couple errands,got back in and drove home (20 miles) with no further lights. Have driven it daily since. Tonight when I left work to come home I noted the light for the "passenger air bag is off" light on and also the AWD malfunction light. Pulled over shut the car off for about 5 minutes restarted,no warning lights til I drove about 10 miles out a 20 mile trip,then the AWD malfunction light came back on. Could this be related to the sharp hit with the pot hole? I have to work the next 4 days and this is my only vehicle, is it ok to drive?? Had similiar episode about 4 years ago when the CHECK ENGINE light kept coming on and after much investigation was found to be some sort of sensor malfunction,could this be the same type thing or do I have a bigger problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 6 years ago.
Sounds like you have jarred it pretty good. Your probably need your speed sensor checked on that wheel if it is readin off then your awd can not calibrate so it will throw a code. One of your air bag sensors may have jarred also.