Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

The air-bag amber warning lite be on at all time or just as a warning

On the XWD 2009.
Should the air-bag amber warning lite be on at all time or just as a warning and off all the rest of the time????
Thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 years ago.

Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

you are right,it should come on when forst started and flash or stay on for about 7 seconds after starting it then it should go out,if it stays on this is indicating a fault within the airnbag system and needs to have the fault codes scanned with a scan tool to see what failure has set and then it can be diagnosed and repaired from there.I hope this information helped,if you need anything else let me know,if you feel satisfied that I have assisted please click the accept answer button as this is how I get paid,positive feedback is appreciated,Thanks Pete.