Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Oldsmobile Aurora: step by step instructions

I need the step by step instructions on how to remove and replace a transmission for an Oldsmobile Aurora 1996

Here are instructions, let me know if you have questions. Thanks

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Let me review these pages with your answers and I will be back in a short moment. I need to see if these instructions specify if the transmission needs to be removed from the bottom or, from the top.
Ok, it comes out the bottom. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dan,
The instructions do not specify if I need to suspend the car to remove the transmission from the bottom or, if I should leave it in the ground to remove it from the top. Do you have that answer? George

The engine support fixture is to keep the engine in place when transmission is removed, step 14 says to raise vehicke. and the last step says the lower the transmission. So it definitly comes out of the bottom, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Dan,
You have been very kind to answer all my questions. It is late and I wonder if I would have a chance to ask more questions tomorrow or, clarify some doubts if I have any. I am not sure how to find you again if I need more clarifications. George.

Even if you do accept you can continue to ask follow up questions so if there are more questions you have tomorrow or when you go to remove/install transmission you can just log in and ask questions the same way you are now. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there an extra charge for follow-up questions if I log in later?
No, there is not. You are only charged for every time you click the "Accept" button and also when you ask follow up questions after you accept I answer them as "information requests" which does not give you the option to click accept. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I see. Thank you for explaining that. I appreciate it. I will accept your answer and hopefully, I will be able to do this without bugging you again. Thanks again and good night! George
If you have any questions when its time for the work dont hesitate to ask. Thanks and you also have a good night.