1999 Isuzu Trooper: that wont start..battery terminal..corrosion

I have a 1999 Isuzu Trooper that won't start and has had a history of starting issues. I have replaced the battery 3 times in the past 5 years as well as the battery cables once. The battery terminal and battery cable connection produce quite a bit of corrosion. At the moment - even with a new battery - the vehicle will not start. Any help would be appreciated.
Frustrated in Round Rock, Texas
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
Hi, y name is XXXXX XXXXX the starter turn but the engine doesnt run, or does the starter not turn?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
In the past the starter has turned and sounded like a kid's plastic machine gun. Currently, it makes no sounds when I turn the key.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
then i suspect you have a bad starter, you can verify this by checking for power on the small wire at the starter, if it has power when cranking, then the starter is bad,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would a bad starter be the reason that I've gone through so many batteries and the corrosion build up?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
No, the starter wont cause the battery to go bad and it wont cause the corrosion, what kind of batteries are you installing?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The first two were from AutoZone and the last one was from WalMart. I'm not buying the cheapest battery, nor am I buying the most expensive.

I don't know if it's worth mentioning, but the vehicle has left me stranded twice. Both times failing to start after a brief stop at the neighborhood mailbox.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
I suspect the starter is bad then, check for power on the small wire at the starter when it is dead, if there is power when cranking, then its a bad starter, autozone and walmart batteries are not the best battery,we replace them all the time, i suggest getting an Interstate battery, i have been using them for 20 years and dont have problems with them, i replace at least 3 walmart batteries a week,Tim