Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2001 OLDSMOBILE AURORA: HEADLIGHT SUGGESTED INDICATOR COMES

2001 OLDSMOBILE AURORA: THE "HEADLIGHT SUGGESTED" INDICATOR COMES ON EVER TIME I PUT THE VEHICLE IN DRIVE, IN THE MIDDLE OF DAY. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?
Submitted: 4 years ago via AllDataDIY.
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.

Hello,on top of your dash usually in the center of the dash near the defrost vents there should be a round sensor (kind of looks like a minature store video camera on top of your dash)this is the light sensor for outside light,this sensor detects how much light is outside,if it sees alot of light it wont give you this message,if it sees dim light or darkness it will give you this message.This sensor may have an internal electrical failure that thinks its dark all the time and this could be why you are seeing this message,this sensor may need replaced,with most of these the top dash pad has to be removed to gain access to it to remove it and install a ne one.I have had to replace some of these before for similar concerns,I believe the costs are usually around $40 for the sensor,I dont know exactly how yours removes on this vehicle as all vehicles vary.I hope this information helped,if you need anything else let me know,if you feel satisfied please click accept as this is how I get paid,positive feedback is appreciated,Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is it something easy to replace? i know the round sensor your talking about, now. and it seems to be located in a vent, it seems to be removable.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
usually they twist out of this vent or dash piece but remove from underneath,you will have to see if this vent piece removes and then the sensor should twist out from underneath the vent,its possible that it could remove from up top but usually they remove from underneath.I hope this helped,if you need anything else let me know,Thanks Pete.
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.