Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

cannot get rid of P0446 code on KIA Sedona, changed the gas

cannot get rid of P0446 code on KIA Sedona, changed the gas cap out. also can only fill 3 to 4 gallons of fuel, before it acts like it is full. takes about 10 minutes to fill the car up
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.

GreetingsCustomerand welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem..

The P0446 is for the vent control valve under the car near the canister. It is stuck closed so when you are trying to fill the tank, there is no place for the fuel vapors to go. This makes the fuel come back up the fill tube and shut the pump off. Here is a picture of the location of the part. This is how you will resolve the issue is to replace the valve.

Hope this helps!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this valve is located near the gas tank?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
If you look at the diagram it is located near the canister and the fuel tank, right by the muffler under the vehicle