Jim Chill
Jim Chill, Technician
Experience:  15 years Ford dealership experiance 25 years all makes and models

I lost the only key for my 02 9-5..parked

I lost the only key for my '02 9-5. The car is parked and locked. I have conflicting views as to my next step. Help!
Category: Car
Expert:  Jim Chill replied 6 years ago.

I believe that you have a laser cut key which has to obtained through the dealer.You will need you vehicle id number<17 digits> and proof of ownership to order the key. If you must get in the vehicle you can call a roadside asst service they have lock out tools to get you into the car .

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. I've been told by my Saab dealer thatg I need to replace the TWICE unit AND purchase new remote control keys. Your answer sounds much more acceptable. Anything else I should know.
Expert:  Jim Chill replied 6 years ago.
You should be able to get a basic key for it I think they call it a vallet key, it willoperate the car but not the glove box or the hatch. This would be the least expensive way. Call another dealer. the keys are ordered through the parts department i don't know which dept you talked to but go straight through them and they will get you going the fastest. thank you jim