carguyjosh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. in professional shop,,ASE auto technician,service on all makes and models

Eclipse: hoses..bolt..distributor i can feel cant get wrench on it

2003 3.0 eclipse replacing o ring on all cooling hoses can't remove 12mm bolt holding themostat housing to head. theres 4 all together the one behind distributor i can feel cant get wrench on it. what my options?
Category: Car
Expert:  carguyjosh replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer.

If you're unable to access the bolt behind the distributor, the distributor must be removed.

The distributor removal is not all that difficult.
What you want to do is remove the distributor cap and mark the position of the distributor rotor by putting a mark on the distributor housing, and also mark the position of the distributor body to the engine.

Now upon reinstallation, you have your reference marks to go by. Be sure that when you reinstall the distributor the XXXXX XXXXXnes directly up to the mark on the engine.
Be sure that the mark for the distributor rotor lines directly up to the mark that you have made on the distributor housing.

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this matter or if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks, Josh