moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 30 years Dealer EXP

2001 oldsmobile: gasket..fuel line..fuel injector rail..came loose

Customer Question

Is there any gasket or o-ring between the fuel line and the fuel injector rail on a 2001 Oldsmobile intrigue?
I pulled up the rail to check the injectors and the line came loose. I put it back but now gas spews out this connection when I try to turn the car over?
Category: Car
Expert:  moparfl replied 6 years ago.

Yes there is a oring that seals the line connection when it snaps onto the fuel rail.This is made into the connector so if it came out then something on the connector broke when you took it apart.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where does the O-ring go? The fuel line is a small metal pipe that goes inside the end of the rail.
I have seen the kind where the fuel line snaps over. They sell those replacement parts at the parts store.
Expert:  moparfl replied 6 years ago.
The oring would fit into the connector on the fuel rail where the line goes in.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What does it look like because I did not see anything or parts of anything come out of the end of the rail when the line came out? The only thing that was there was a small plastic ring around the end of the fuel line. I still have that.
Expert:  moparfl replied 6 years ago.
Its just a normal oring
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this something Advance Auto should have? I went there and they kind of looked at me like I was stupid and tried showing different replacement lines that had the connection on the line end as opposed to the rail end?
Also when I get teh O-ring, do I need to bleed the rail line of all the air that has gotten into it?
Do I need to check the fuel pressure after this? There was nothing wrong before I did all this.
Expert:  moparfl replied 6 years ago.
You will need to get this from a dealer and you dont need to bleed the air out of the rail it will do it on its own.
Expert:  moparfl replied 6 years ago.
You are going to need to check with a dealer to try to get one. and you dont have to bleed the rail it will bleed the rail on its own.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did they pulled the GM diagram and it doesn't match the Rail/fuel line connection so they couldn't match the part.
Expert:  moparfl replied 6 years ago.
You will just have to try to find one that will fit from the parts store they will have a assortment of them you will just have to try to find one that will fit or replace the fuel rail.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will take the plastic ring and try and match an o-ring to that size. If not then I don't know.
Expert:  moparfl replied 6 years ago.
Good luck to you.