Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Experience:  20 + years experience on various makes and models.
29534642

Plate..it, does it have a fuse that could have blown

the light above my plate is out how do i change it, does it have a fuse that could have blown?
Category: Car
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.
Hello, The answer to your question is the license plate light is wired to the same fuse as the rear parking lamp circuit. There isn't a fuse exclusively for the license plate light. So if you rear lights are working then your license plate light socket should have power to it. Try to get the bulb out and replace it. If you don't see any screws holding it, it may pry out with a small pocket screwdriver. Also, if you go down to an Oreilly's or Advance Auto, if you politely ask one of the guys there how you replace the bulb they might just walk out and do it for ya. I've seen them do it before, Its possible you might have a wiring issue and not have power to the bulb socket which then would have to be checked with a 12 volt test light. But most likely you just have a bulb burned out.

Eddie Clayton

I HAVE DONE MY BEST TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, IF YOU AGREE PLEASE CLICK ACCEPT AND LEAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK!! THANK YOU!!