jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

Mazda 3: 57,555 km..Sport..ride my clutch.

57,555 km on a Mazda 3 Sport the clutch is completely gone. They are saying this is wear & it is not covered. I do not ride my clutch. What could have caused it?
Good AfternoonCustomer I agree that this is premature failure to the clutch assembly...If you are an experienced driver of standard shift vehicles, then the original clutch may have been defective...It is possible for the pressure plate assembly to "hang up" or release partially due to faulty springs and cause the clutch disk to wear out quickly...also it is possible that the disc itself failed prematurely due to overheat condition or spring failure...Its difficult to tell the cause of the failure after the fact; but these are a few of the most common failures i have seen in my years of experience...If i can be of further assistance please let me know...jeffrey590
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What should I ask the techinicians to look for Jeff? I think it is definately faulty. I have driven standards for 30 yrs. & I have never killed a clutch...
As I said its hard to diagnose once the clutch blows apart...They will be replacing all the parts that I described (clutch disk, clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing) so you should be OK with all the parts replaced...Have them make sure the clutch RELEASES FULLY and doesn't hang up...This would indicate a sticking slave cylinder...Otherwise check for pressure plate and disk springs that are either broken or loose...This could have been the cause of the failure...jeffrey590