MastertechRobert
MastertechRobert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech/Smog Tech 35 years exp.
29919885

heater and wipers work, and signals... all fuses are good..hood

Customer Question

I lost my headlights,tail lights, cig. lighter, power locks, e- flashers, dashlights, however my car runs great, the heater and wipers work, and signals... all fuses are good, is there a seperate distibution box somewhere, because I do not see one under the hood? could this be a fusable link problem or body ground?
Category: Car
Expert:  MastertechRobert replied 4 years ago.
Yes, there is on inside the car. Open the drivers door all the way and look on the side of the instrument panel.. If it is not there then it's under the drivers side dash near the E brake. . Check the inside fuses and let me know if you have found your problem. Hand please click ACCEPT as this is my job and that's the only way I am paid. Bill Thomas
Experience: ASE Master Tech/Smog Tech 35 years exp.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is no panel inside drivers door or by the e- brake, what now?

The fuse panel is not on the door.

When the door is all the way open look at the now exposed SIDE of the dash. There should be removable cover with the word fuses in raised letters. If not there look above and forward of the E-brake. . I'll be on line most of the night and your questions are alerted to me automatically now.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello again,

there is no extra fuse box at either location, I have had three of these cars and neither one from what I can remember had this fuse panel in the side of the dashboard in a 96 cutlass ciera. I guess I will take it somewhere and let them figure it out, I just did not want repairs to cost more than the car is worth.... thanks anyway.

Look there is another fuse box inside that car and it is likely to solve your problem. good luck sorry if I didn't help you.