George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

accent: with the check engine light on..emission code.

i have a 03 accent with the check engine light on. it is a manufacture specific code p14?? i forgot what was, but i wasnt able to get a definition for that code. i know its an emission code. but now my problem is that it takes a long time to fill gas. u have to fill it really slow or it justs keeps clicking off the nozzle. the car runs fine. could it be the canister under by the gas tank.
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

This is an indication that the charcoal canister is failing and has spewed loose charcoal through the system. The canister is mounted under the left rear corner of the vehicle, if you pull the hoses off you will likely find loose charcoal granules in the hoses. Clean the hoses with shop air and replace the canister and the canister vent valve which is mounted to it.

The canister has a DMTL attached that may have carbon in it as well and that will have to be replaced if it does to keep your check engine light off

Let me know if you have further questions about this

Thank you