jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

1994 mitsubishi: the ecu..valves..mixture..engine management light

i have a 1994 mitsubishi fto gpx auto.
everything appears to work as it should but the ecu is not triggering the mivec valves or allowing it to rev past 6250rpm,somewhat short of the 8000rpm redline.
dyno test indicated correct mixture and expected performance.
The engine management light is functional but does not indicate there is a problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 6 years ago.
Good AfternoonCustomer..Since all checks have tested OK ....And air fuel mix is correct....My first step would be to check the PCM for fault codes...Even though the CEL isnt on doesn't mean there arent fault codes stored that could indicate the source of your, I would drop the exhaust and see if the vehicle accelerates as desired...It is possible that you have a restriction somewhere in the exhaust system...Finally I would check the valve timing to be sure it is correct and hasnt jumped a tooth....If I can be of further assistance please let me know...jeffrey590