jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

How do i remove the ECu from my mazda 626 reg number x384 erc

Customer Question

how do i remove the ECu from my mazda 626 reg number x384 erc
Category: Car
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 6 years ago.
Good AfternoonCustomer The ECU for Engine Mgmt is located in the passenger compartment on the right side kick panel behind the moulding cover .... You will need to remove the negative battery cable first...Next, touch a metal surface in the vehicle to get rid of any static electricity you may have on your body...Next remove the trim cover beneath the glove box...It is held in place with 3 screws...Then use a 10mm or 12mm driver to remove the mountings...unplug the 3 plugs by depressing the tab in the center of the connector and pulling away...If I can be of further assistance please let me know...jeffrey590
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i can see the box but there is some kind of plate with 3 bullet type objects holding it in place.

how do i get behind the metal shield/ plate

They should be torx screws(star pattern) that are either 10mm or 12mm.... remove these for access to ECM...jeffrey590