jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

Remote key..the key manually to local and unlock the doors

the remote key function has stopped working on my Citroen C3 Pluriel car. i can still use the key in the ignition but can't lock or unlock the car so i'm having to leave it unlocked. is there a way to use the key manually to local and unlock the doors?
Category: Car
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 6 years ago.
Good MorningCustomer Does the key insert and turn in the drivers lock cylinder?...Thanks..jeffrey590
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes it does
And when you turn the key from lock to unlock there is no lock movement?Is this correct? Finally does the lock cylinder feel like it turns very easily? ..Thanks...jeffrey590
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi, i'm dealing with this remotely on my son's behalf so can't see the car. he says there is no key hole on the driver's door but there are key holes on the passenger door and boot. we think there must be some way to use the passenger door keyhole to lock all doors but aren't sure - sorry this is all a bit vague, we will pay for your efforts win or lose!
Sorry for the delay....Wanted to be sure I gave you the correct info...The key should work in the passenger door to both lock and unlock the doors...there is a switch on the passenger door lock cylinder that will control the door locks...If this is not functioning then my next step would be to check all the fuses in the vehicle to make sure none of them has blown...Outside of that the only other cause would have to be a failure to one or more of the power door lock components...Let me know if i can be of further assistance....jeffrey590