Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

1992 Infiniti G20: electrical problem..clicking sound..alternator

I started to diagnose and electrical problem in my 1992 Infiniti G20 by disconnecting the headlight switch and I believe I activated the theft deterrent system. The battery appears to be charged (and was before I disconnected the switch) but the car fails to turn over and I get a subtle clicking sound when I try to start it. I am starting to suspect the alternator but I can't get the car to turn over soI can take it in to get tested... Can someone help me with this?
Hi there! I think I would start with trying to get it jump started. The faint click indicates the solenoid is working so try to get it jump started first. If you do, get it to a parts store, they can test the charging system with the car running. Hope this helps!