jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

Suzuki Sidekick: 4wd..speed manual..The headlights..low beam

Customer Question

I have a Suzuki Sidekick 4wd, 2 door, 1.6ltr 5 speed manual. The headlights suddenly do not work on low beam but do on high beam. The fuses (2) are for lrft & right side and are both good as are the bulbs. I have replaced the multi function switch with another from another vehicle which leaves me with the same problem, and discovered that my switch works properly on that other vehicle. I have heard from another sidekick owner ( on my street) that he experienced the same problem. Any suggestions?
All other lights are functioning normally
Category: Car
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 6 years ago.
Good AfternoonCustomer Since the bulbs and fuses are good,and the switch has been swapped out, I would next check the headlamp relay...According to my manual it is located behind the center i/p behind the blower speed switch...Check to see if the fuses have power...If they don't the relay is next going upstream in the can check for signal from the switch when activated, check for ground and check for power from fuse box...Finally you can jump the relay to activate the lamps...if this works and all checks are good then the relay is at fault...Sorry i dont have a wiring diagram for your will have to work from scratch on this one...jeffrey590
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Jeffery 590. I'll see if I can find the little blighter in the morning. I have now at least some direction.
Will do...Thanks for using JA!...Let me know if I can be of further assistance....jeffrey590