Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  16 years automotive and OTR repair including specialized training from Toyota and Mitsubishi
21364095

2000 Eclipse GT: melted..Wire colors..White/Red..harness prongs

I have a 2000 Eclipse GT and need to replace melted wiring harnesses, but I can no longer tell which wires connect. Wire colors are: drivers side Black, Yellow/Red, Red/Blue and passenger side Black, White/Red and Green. For reference, harness prongs from the back facing front are driver side, top, passenger side. Thank you!
Category: Car
Expert:  Terry S. Trent replied 7 years ago.
Hello, I at least need to know what the wiring harness connects to in order to get you the diagrams?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Terry,

Very funny. Headlights.

Part of my job is to answer buyer questions all day on eBay and I'm always complaining about people who don't include the most obvious information that tells me what the heck they're talking about. I just did the same thing to you, sorry.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Doug replied 7 years ago.

Red/Blue - pin 1 - Low Beam
Black - pin 2 - Ground
Yellow/Red - pin 3 - High Beam

White/Red - pin 1 - Low Beam
Black - pin 2 - Ground
Light Green - pin 3 - High Beam

I'm not sure the colors/order you have on your repair kit, so here is how the pins work on the HEADLIGHT BULB, or looking into the BACK of the connector:

Pin 1 (Top center looking at back of bulb/connector) Low Beam
Pin 2 (Left pin, looking at back of bulb/connector) Ground
Pin 3 (Right pin, looking at back of bulb/connector) High Beam

Some of the repair kits I have seen have one wire that doesn't look like it goes to pin 2 but it does; Pry the back of the new connector open to verify which position each wire goes to if yours looks like one of these.
Be certain you are matching the pin designations to the BACK of the bulb/connector position above... if you match them looking into the end of the connector (opposite for pins 1 and 3) you can pop your fuse.
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 16 years automotive and OTR repair including specialized training from Toyota and Mitsubishi