brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

crank case seal broke leaked..several oil changes..bearings be damaged

crank case seal broke leaked antifreeze into oil if fixed and all antifreeze is removed thru several oil changes will the bearings be damaged
Category: Car
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
Typically the antifreeze will not damage the bearings. It would take a lot of antifreeze and have to be driven in this condition for a while to cause damage. The only times I have seen the engine damaged from coolant in this manner is when the engine is run hot.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it ran hot a couple of times why brought it to mechanic but stopped every time it got hot and then continued when cool
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
As long as it didn't over heat? Heat is what causes the problem. If not hearing any engine noises should be fine. I don't know how hot it got, but typically will hear noise if the bearings are needing replaced.