TTVN, Performance & diagnostic technition
Experience:  Motor Mechanic for 18 years, specialising in diagnostics, tuning, engine building, LPG ,Turbos etc

how do you get car paint to stick to a car we have try painting

how do you get car paint to stick to a car we have try painting it once all ready and the area we paint is bubbling up and looks like rubber how do we fix it the guy telling me i have bad paint how do i know that please help me i have 3 day before my husband comes home from iraq oh and the car was painted not to long ago before this
Submitted: 6 years ago via Answerly.
Category: Car
Expert:  TTVN replied 6 years ago.
Hi there
The surface needs to be properly prepared by sanding and cleaning with wax and grease remover prior to painting.

The sanding process leaves minute surface scratches for the new paint layer to adhere to and prevents the paint from detaching

thanks Rod
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i believe he did that i know he sanded im going to have to ask about the wax and degreaseer part but if he did what else could it be
Expert:  TTVN replied 6 years ago.
It is very unusual for paint to be the problem unless you have painted new acrylic lacquer over older enamel type paints without using an isolator base which may be your problem

thanks Rod