TTVN, Performance & diagnostic technition
Experience:  Motor Mechanic for 18 years, specialising in diagnostics, tuning, engine building, LPG ,Turbos etc

Hyundai accent: five speed..some problems with my clutch before i

i have a hyundai accent 1.5L with a five speed. i had some problems with my clutch before i was really having to jam it in gear. when i checked the clutch fluid it was almost empty so i filled it and it ran know when you shift from first to fifth how it really slugs to get going thats how it feels in every gear i can only get up to about 25 mph what advice can you give me?
Hi there
It sounds like your clutch assembly is slipping and not transmitting proper drive from the engine to the transmission

This could be caused by faulty adjustment , worn out friction surface or contaminated friction surface

It would be best for a technician to check over the clutch workings and ensure it is not a simple item like a collapsed flex hose

It would be possible that the missing clutch fluid has leaked out the slave cylinder and has contaminated the friction surface rendering the unit in need of replacement

Thanks Rod
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my friend told me there is an adjustment screw on it. is this correct and where could i find this
The only place to adjust in your case in the pedal free travel
The hydraulic units self compensate for and movement and do not need adjustment so there is no facility to do so

thanks Rod