DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.

A 2002 frelander, the traction control..hill..comming..brake fluid

Hi I have a 2002 frelander, the traction control and hill decent XXXXX XXXXXghts on the dash have just started comming on and off intermitimental, what is causing this and how can I fix it

By the way all the brakes are in good order and the brake fluid is at the correct level.
Category: Car
Expert:  DBranch replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

You could have a problem with your brake light switch or the hill descent control switch. These are the 2 most common problems I see with these warning lights. If you brake lights arent coming on then the switch is bad. There is a recall on this if it hasnt been done you can have the switch replaced at the dealer free of charge. To know for sure what the problem is you will have to have the system checked for fault codes.