Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2000 hyundai accent have a p0743 code torque converter electric

2000 hyundai accent have a p0743 code torque converter electrical circuit have no check engine light

I would reset the codes to see if it comes back and if it does replace the damper clutch solenoid. Let me know if you have quetions. Thanks

P0743 Damper Clutch Control System Circuit Malfunction - With Automatic Transmission

Possible CausesSetting Conditions
  • Damper Clutch solenoid connector is damaged (check pins for damage) Damper Clutch solenoid control circuit is open or shorted to ground
  • Damper Clutch solenoid valve has failed
  • TCM has failed

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry but can you tell me exactly where i would find that is the damper external ? would you happen to have a picture?
Give me a minute, I"ll get a picture for you .Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX wont reset i tried today the car sat for a long time and rats chewed through several wires. make a long story short ive fixed everything on this car except for the tranny code.

Here is a picture, it is #47 in the picture. There is a white wire that goes into the transmission for this solenoid, so inspect that wire if good replace solenoid. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks
No problem, let me know if you have questions. Thanks