carguyjosh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. in professional shop,,ASE auto technician,service on all makes and models

My trailer has brakes but the wires were cut by previous owner.

How can I determine whether the brakes are working. My trailer has brakes but the wires were cut by previous owner. I now want to make them operational. thanks. Art
Category: Car
Expert:  carguyjosh replied 6 years ago.
Hello to just answer.
What you can do is you can jump 12 V battery power to the trailer brake wire of the trailer electrical connector.
Be sure that you connect the ground from your battery to the chassis of the trailer and jump battery positive to the power supply of the trailer brakes.

Below you'll find a diagram of the pins of your seven pin connector. Use this as a diagram to show you the location of the trailer brake power feed wire..

please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this matter and I'll be happy to assist.

Thanks, Carguyjosh
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There are two wires coming from the wheel. I think one is for the ground; the other for the + terminal. I check this out and see how it goes. thanks.