Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Little power..fifth gear in all gears but my car will only go about 25

Customer Question

when i take off my car has a little power but it feels like all the power is not there its like im in fifth gear in all gears but my car will only go about 25 at the most?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim West replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for visiting Just Answer,
Is this the 1.5L American?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

where do i click accept

Expert:  Tim West replied 4 years ago.
Not yet, I am asking you if this vehicle is 1.4 or 1.5Liter? I havn't given an answer yet.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1.4l i believe five speed
Expert:  Tim West replied 4 years ago.
American?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hold on american what do you mean?

Expert:  Tim West replied 4 years ago.
Is this an American Hyundai? if so it should be a 1.5L I am just trying to make sure.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

1.5l and you should know that this happened before but i really had to jam it into gear that time and all it was it was out of clutch fluid but its full now

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
are you there did you find anything?
Expert:  Tim West replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me, sorry it took so long to respond. I needed to make sure I was qualified to answer the question. Since it is a 1.5L I am.
Is there a check engine light on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i was told that either the clutch fluid leaked into the slave cylinder which is making it slip and i need to replace it or its out of tune and there is an adjustment screw that needs adjusting or there could be a collapsed hose or line?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes there is ever since my muffler went out on it its been on so i just thought it was of that when i got it fixed it still stayed on

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when i said replace it i meant replace the clutch just so you know.
Expert:  Tim West replied 4 years ago.
Well, the problem does not necessarily sound like a transmission. I think it sounds more like a mass air flow sensor.
Is it possible to get the vehicle scanned at Autozone, they will do this free?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how abouut oreillys do they this so what do you think about the fluid i was talking about?there was no evidence of fluid on the bell housing. do you think it could have leaked inside so that would make it time to change the clutch?

Expert:  Tim West replied 4 years ago.
Yea Oreilys might do that. I don't think it sounds like a clutch. Scan it first and get back to me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks all it was the hydrolic system needed bleed and it worked
Expert:  Tim West replied 4 years ago.
great!