Jim Chill
Jim Chill, Technician
Experience:  15 years Ford dealership experiance 25 years all makes and models

The 15th and the device stoped my car on the first i payed

how to remove the shut off device my car payments are due on the 15th and the device stoped my car on the first i payed but cant always pay on the first and the they will come repo please i need a answer
Category: Car
Expert:  Jim Chill replied 6 years ago.
I cannot tell you how to remove the gps device in your car, but have a few things to let you know. First of all you dealer who insatlled the device will see that it is no longer working in the vehicle and will contact you to bring it in to get it checked out, if you ignore their calls they will most likely assume that this has been done and come looking for their colateral. another is that it is probably in your loan contract that it has to be in there and if removed thay can repossess it which will end up costing you alot of money in the long run. why don'y you just car the loan company and explain to them that you cannot make your payments till the 15TH due to the economy and they should let you, they don't want the car back they are making good money from your payments and should work through some issues, like being two weeks late everymonth. sorry to give you bad news but thought it would help you. jim