DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.

1995 mitsubishi 3000gt: abs light..tested good turn key on light stays

1995 mitsubishi 3000gt abs light was on just turning the key tested all sensor and found the front passenger bad replaced with used one that tested good turn key on light stays off for 5-10 secs then comes on same as if starting car light off for a little then comes on
Category: Car
Expert:  DBranch replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

Do you know what fault codes are stored in the system?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no just trying to fix before putting on the road is it a code that needs to clear now that i replaced the sensor
Expert:  DBranch replied 6 years ago.
I would try that either disconnect the battery for 10 minutes or so, or pull the abs fuse to see if the codes clear. If not check the other sensors again to see if there is another one bad. Without knowing the codes that are stored it will be harder to isolate the problem. But you could very well just need to clear the codes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I checked all the other sensors and everything checked out fine do i just disconnect the pos for ten minutes and that clears the code
Expert:  DBranch replied 6 years ago.

I would disconnect the negative but it doesnt really make a difference. That should clear them on a obd1 car it should clear because the engine management system doesnt have the capability of storing codes as a odb2 1996 and newer car.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where is the abs fuse you said
Expert:  DBranch replied 6 years ago.
It should be in the under hood fuse box. I would try disconnecting the battery first that should take care of it.