Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase certified, 24 years, bumper to bumper all makes

1984 lincoln town car: my vehicle..5.0l engine..electronic carb

Customer Question

I have been getting conflicting info. from just answer about my vehicle. I have a 1984 lincoln town car with a 5.0l engine with what appears to be an electronic carb. I have been told that it is a throttle body injection system, but it if I try to find that part anywhere it does not look like the carburetor w/electric injectors that is currently on my car. It looks like a normal 2bl carb with electronic injectors directly atop the bowls. It says motorcraft right on it but I cannot find any tags nor do I know the exact type, manufacture, or brand and am looking for replacement (or upgrade) parts. Mostly I am looking to know what I have and where can I find parts. Thank you for your help.
Category: Car
Expert:  Scott replied 6 years ago.

I am attaching a picture of what should be on your vehicle below. I am also attaching a link to a used part connection for the entire US. You will have one of two throttle body units. Throttle Body Assm, ID E4AE-FB or Throttle Body Assm, ID E4AE-NA.

The link I attached will take you to this page. I also attached the home link also. Once you determine what you have, proceed into the section that will give you every salvage yard contact phone and e-mail that has what you need.

If you are looking for new, I fear they do not exist. The next option is install an after market unit. The car is over 20 years old, so things are going to get tough; however, JC Whitney has one available.;0;1101002057+200001414+1984;0;100001;ProductName;7;0;0;0;2005653;0;0

Now, if your unit does not look like the one pictured below, you could have a Canadian built car that has a carb, but I am pretty sure the picture below will match yours.

Any questions, please ask.

Scott. {the ID section} {start page}