Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  Ase Master 20+ Years Experience Foreign and Domestic

2000 Lincoln Towncar heater blower motor not working. When

2000 Lincoln Towncar heater blower motor not working. When hooked to 12 volts both wires into motor light a test light. Power to motor. Is thier a relay or sensor that acts as a ground in this system?

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer

the blower motor gets the ground signal from the blower motor speed controler

click here to view the wiring diagram

click here to view the location graphic

the climate control module in the center of the dash sends the signal to the speed control that then sends ground to the motor.

let me know if you need more help

Paul M.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
O.K. Makes sense, so do think that the climate control module is defective? If so is do I need to replace the unit?
I would check that the blower motor speed controller under the hood is getting a signal from the climate control

the speed controller will be a lot less expensive and goes more often then the climate control unit in the dash

you should really test the signal from the climate control to the blower speed control

if I where to try something I would go with the blower motor speed control... it may be called the blower resistor if you call for the part just make sure it matches up with the one you have on the car

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
O.K. Is this a dealer only part or would a place like Advance Auto parts carry it. I do really appreciate you help
you may be able to get it aftermarket.

like I said they may be calling it a resistor

what I would do is unplug yours and match it up before purchasing one aftermarket

Paul M