joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certifed technician foreign and domestic

2001 oldsmobile aurora: wont start..power to the radio and the battery

my 2001 oldsmobile aurora wont start. it has power to the radio and the battery is fine. when i put the keey in and try to start it it wont start and makes no sound
Category: Car
Expert:  joe replied 6 years ago.
have you actually checked the battery? because the radio and lights may come on does not mean it has the power to even crank the engine.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i tried to jump start it and nothing

Expert:  joe replied 6 years ago.
ok, it is most likely that your starter is faulty or the starter relay will need to be replaced..when you don't even get a click, when you try to start it, that means the relay , connections or starter is bad. I would start with the connections from the battery to the alternator ,then to the starter, just to make sure they are nice and tight and no corrosion, if nothing still, I would then replace the relay, then starter for last result