BigBob, Shop Manager/Technician
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience

lincoln Aviator: its losing its rpm..engin check..steady..accelerating

my lincoln Aviator all weel 2003 75k m
its losing its rpm and the engion vibrates some time will get sable some time trambles
the engin check gets on some time blinkd some time just steady light
the car when riding the hwy or just the streets wil have a phenomnom of small holds back like shking when steadily accelerating , no back fires, imy mechanic hes replace the mfc but no use - it looks he doesnt understsand ehsat going on, battery knew
appricaiate any direction or advise

Have you scanned the computer? What are the codes?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i didnt got a code this time it was a message cyl 1,2 are miss misfire

You will need to scan it and check for codes again. A blinking check engine light means there is a misfire somewhere. You will need to identify which cylinder is misfiring through a scanner, Once the cylinder is identified, swap the spark plug and wire with another cylinder, if the misfire follows the plug and wire, replace spark plugs and wires. If the misfire remains on the affected cylinder, check the injector pulse width on the affected cylinders injector and compare to the other injectors. All the injectors will have the same color power wire, but a different color driver wire. Put the positive lead of your meter on the driver wire, and the negative lead to the ground at the battery. If the pulse width is lower on the affected cylinder, suspect injector fault, low power to injector, or bad driver circuit. To rule out failed injector, either flow test injector or swap with another cylinder and see if the misfire follows the injector. Be aware, once the PCM has seen a misfire on a particular cylinder, it will disable the injector on that cylinder, so perform the injector driver test when first started before the PCM has a chance to disable the injector. If the injector pulse width is ok, and plugs and wires have been ruled out, install a known good ignition coil before further tests. If the misfire is still present, perform a compression and running compression test to locate internal engine faults. These engines have had a known problem with the engine valves, click here to read the bulletin.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

the fuel consumption showes one off the best i ever got to with that car , i do see that the car is mubling a bit when starting to drive ( red lights stop /signe)

why do i have teh small stop hold backs during regular ride ( creates un comfsartable vibration ) that care usually rides fast and smoth is it fuel or electrcal issue you woul suspect

That is because the engine is not firing all the cylinders. It could be fuel or electrical or mechanical. Have your mechanic do the test I gave you because this will not be a simple fix, it may be an internal engine problem. The test will show which is at fault. Let me know if I can help further.

Good luck,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for using just answer!!! Let me know how the testing goes, just reply to this thread.

Edited by Bob on 2/6/2010 at 2:33 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok thanks