Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

lose power..power steering for about 10 seconds..light flashes..driven

Customer Question

i have a 2007 tuscon. When it rains intermitantly the battery light comes on and i lose power steering for about 10 seconds to 2 minutes at a time then seems to clear itself the seatbelt light flashes then runs just fine. Sounds like an electrical fault but thought powersteering would be belt driven. can anyone help as to where i should look and/or try
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

I think this might be simpler than you are thinking. I have a feeling your serpentine belt is loose and is slipping when it gets wet causing your problems. I would recommend to see if you can try to tighten the serp belt up just a bit to see if that helps. If the belt is loose and is supposed to be tightened by the self tensioner, the self tensioner is bad and will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks thats all it was
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the accept!

Glad to hear its fixed!