rctads, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained,ASE Certified,14 years Experience,R.I. State Inspector and IMAC Certified

Manual transmission..The Shift & Select shafts have moved on me

I'm re-installing my Engine and Manual transmission. The Shift & Select shafts have moved on me. How can I get my transmission to shift correctly? The lower shaft (Shifting Shaft?) is controlled by moving the shifter 1st to 2nd. But the upper (Select shaft?) is jammed or locked into a position. what should I do?
are the engine and transmission separated?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No. I dropped the complete subframe.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Transmission picture.The top two arrows are the shaft that i'm talking about.
ok. I'm thinking that the trans is stuck because the clutch cant be depressed and the engine was turned causing pressure on the shifter shafts( as if you between gears when it was spun)..try reliesing pressure on the clutch and see if everything frees up. let me know if this works for you..
pleas click accept so i can get paid...thanks..ill stay with you until its fixed..
awsome !!! good luck!!