DBranch
DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.
9901235

Rear left brakes pads wear out very fast and rotor get..worn..wheels

Rear left brakes pads wear out very fast and rotor get very hot and smells like something's burning. Already replaced a set of worn out pads and this set is already half way through, but other 3 wheels work just fine. Adjusted hand/emergency brake that was barely working but it is not getting stuck and not seem to be the cause of the problem. Any suggestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  DBranch replied 6 years ago.

Welcome back to JACustomer

Are your caliper slides frozen?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi.

I am not sure, what is a caliper slide? is this the part of the caliper that pushes the pad againts the disc? if so, I do not know, how can I check?

Expert:  DBranch replied 6 years ago.
Below in the picture number 3 are your caliper slides. Make sure they are greased up and are not frozen in the caliper because this can cause the pads to wear out if the caliper cant move back and forth. You can lube it with brake grease or anti seize. Check to see if this is your problem if not let me know.graphic