DBranch
DBranch, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Factory trained Silver Certified Land Rover Technician. 7 years of automotive experience.
9901235

My 2002 Montero Sport LS 3.0 Lt. Has the check engine ligth

My 2002 Montero Sport LS 3.0 Lt. Has the check engine ligth all the time, and after work in almost everything the computer show has a posibility, the light steel shows. The last ting that was done because the comp. shows one (raigth rear) of the four oxigen sensors was causing that engine start to shake after long time (30 or more minutes) in line behine other cars. Is this posible or I goin to have to chenge al four sensors eventualy.
Category: Car
Expert:  DBranch replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JA.

Do you know the codes that are causing the light to come on now?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No I don't now the codes meybe the mechanic bot he is far from here.
Expert:  DBranch replied 6 years ago.
If you have an autoparts store like an autozone or advanced auto nearby they can check the codes for you for free. You would need to check the codes that way you dont just throw parts at the car because the check engine light could be numerous things. Check the codes and get back to me with the code numbers.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  DBranch replied 6 years ago.
Have you had the codes checked?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The codes you asked me for the 2000 Mitsubitchi Montero Sport, are:
P0170 Bank 2 and P0773 Bank 2
Expert:  DBranch replied 6 years ago.

PO170 is fuel trim bank 1, p0773 is a shift solenoid circuit e is that correct because you said bank 2. Is the other code p0173 this is fuel trim bank 2? Here is a list of things to check for to diagnose the fuel trim fault. Most likely you have an air leak check all vaccum lines and the air intake make sure there are no leaks. It may be necessary to get a can of flammable brake clean and spray down the intake gaskets and vaccum lines with the car running to see if you hear the idle rev a little this indicates a leak. You could alos have an O2 sensor problem.

graphic